Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple View Ranges for one view?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lindgren.scott
8432 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple View Ranges for one view?

Is there a way to have multiple view ranges for the same view?

The building I'm working on is configured in 3 sections: west, center, east.

The height of the gable roof over west and center sections is the same (46' AFG peak down to 34' AFG), but the the center section has a 2nd floor at about 17' AFG.  The east section has a lower roof (29' AFG peak down to about 17' AFG).  The west section is a high bay maintenance area with a lot of equipment at a high elevation.

I would like everything in the model to show up in the first floor plans except for the 2nd floor portion of the center section.  Is there a way to have an unlimited view for everything except the center section?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Plan regions are what you should use

Message 3 of 5

Thanks!

Sorry if my questions seem somewhat elementary.  Our office just started using Revit and no one here knows much about it, so I appreciate all the help I can get!

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lindgren.scott

Be aware that Plan Regions are relatively flawed and imperfect at this point. Should you encounter any problems, search this forum for "Plan Region" should net you a good amount of threads with various issues.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
thombrady
in reply to: lindgren.scott

Plan regions do not work at all unless they have updated it for 2013. I do not know how big the building is but I would create extra views & each view would have the view range height you are looking for. I have found that in REVIRT you have to figure out the best way to do things before you actually do it. You can then put them all on the sheet together. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report