Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move All Ductwork and Fittings to a different Reference Level

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
advandes
2121 Views, 3 Replies

Move All Ductwork and Fittings to a different Reference Level

I have placed all the ductwork and fittings relative to the wrong Reference Level. Is there a way to easily change the ductwork to a different Reference Level? I would like to delete the reference level that is now associated with the ductwork and reassociate everything with the correct reference level. Thanks!!!1
AAG
Advance Design
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mojova
in reply to: advandes

I think that you could copy the duct run(s) in your plan view, switch to an elevation view and copy from one reference level to another by clicking one level as your copy origin and then the next level to place. Just a thought, not sure if that would work or not.

Mike
Message 3 of 4
edk800f1

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that he wants to actually Move them to a different level, but rather have their properties reflect referencing a different level.
e.g., you have two floors, 14' floor to floor. you have an area open to both floors. duct at first floor elevation 25' = second floor 13'.
I believe that you can edit element properties on element-by-element basis, that if you change floor, it automatically changes height value, doubt if you can do a batch.
I've experienced some frustrations along this property, where if that duct is 2nd flr 13', and I'm in a first floor plan, set my duct at 25' (or maybe it was the opposite) and have problems connecting. The reference levels must match.
Ed K
MSKTD & Associates
Message 4 of 4
advandes

Yes, frustrating is the word. I had to go back and change all the duct elevations. But for some reason I think the duct always refers to the original reference elevation that it was created on....So I had to keep the old ref. elev. and come up with an elevation that is not relevant to anything...OMG....what am I talking about...REVIT MEP oh yeah! Come on Autodesk....If your going to market a new product, at least make it user friendly....Thanks to all who responded...you are truly appreciated...Thank you thank you thank you.
AAG
Advance Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report