Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Levels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
YM_99
441 Views, 3 Replies

Modifying Levels

I completed a whole ducting and piping for mine project.Now i had received a changes from architects on finish floor levels.All the levels are moved by 200mm.As I copy-monitor the levels from Architecture model it gives me a alert of that.Now when I am trying to modify levels as per architects it gives me error about deleting duct,pipes and loosing some connections.

What will be the best way to update my levels as per Architecture in order to save my work??

otherwise I have to rework after modifying levels.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
damo3
in reply to: YM_99

Any response on this would be greatly appreciated. As a draftsperson in an Architects office, we have had MEP engineers make us aware of this problem. Is there a solution. Sometimes we have no choice but to change levels, but the result to date has been that the MEP guys have had to redo their work. Seems crazy. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 4
SteveKStafford
in reply to: YM_99

It's complicated and 200 mm might not seem like much but if there isn't much clearance between fittings vertically then it is likely that's what Revit is warning/complaining about.

I'd probably start by using Stop Monitoring to break the relationship between their levels and mine for now. Since I know there is a probably it should be easy to see the discrepancy between levels. I'd go to the highest level that needs adjusting and see if I can move that level up. If I get warnings I'd make note of which elements are affected in the warning dialog, cancel the attempt and then look more closely at the elements in the warning(s). If I can change things in advance to avoid a conflict when the level elevation is changed then great. If not then I'll need to have a conversation with the Architects to let them know that the design is affected badly. If it just requires some redesign we could decide to just do it.

Once I've sorted out the highest level, which makes room for changes below it, I'd tackle the next level down. Repeat the process. Once they are all adjusted I'd use Copy/Monitor but just use Monitor to reestablish the relationship between my levels and theirs.

It might also be possible to use an elevation view and carefully use a window selection to select everything in the MEP design and the level, and then use Move. That may not resolve the lack of sufficient space between fittings though. If so then it will still be necessary to resolve some design conflicts.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 4
ajax05k
in reply to: SteveKStafford

creat assemblies of the ducts, pipes and other MEP services in that level and use move command to moove them to required level, after stopping the monetiring.
Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report