Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Pipe Supports?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
magnolouis
2565 Views, 6 Replies

Mechanical Pipe Supports?

Hi All,

Does anyone have tutorials or any reference showing how to create pie and duct supports? Im not interested in the sysque add ons.

Thanks..

L.MagnoSmiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: magnolouis

Revit doesn't really support the creation and deployment of hangers - even the Add-Ins have quirks and are essentially improvised methods. Try searching this forum, the forums over at AUGI.com, and YouTube for possible methods of creating hangers in Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That's a family. You need a list of outside diameters for the type of pipe that you use. Based on that list, you can create a family that adjusts to that diameter.  The sizes can be handled by creating types in the family, or by creating types in a type catalog, or by using a lookup table. The length of the bar that connects the bracket with the top needs to be by instance, so that the user can stretch that distance after placing the hanger. The center of the bracket needs to be at the reference level in the family, so that you can set the elevation of the hanger to match the elevation of the pipe. Here's a quick sketch of the main parameters:

11-3-2013 9-38-16 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7
magnolouis
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Sir,

Thanks for cascading the does & donts of this topics its very clear and very easy to understand and I'm very much impressed im just new in Revit and looking for a mentor do you have any blog site Sir?

Thank you very much...

Respectfully yours

L.Magno

Message 5 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: magnolouis

If that question was for me, the answer is yes, I do have a blog. However, my blog is closed due to maintenance of the website. It will be back in December. I do provide online training.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7

Im looking for something similar but a floor mounted support. I created this support to connect my pipe but I might need proper council on project deployment. 

dbeltranH3GEP_0-1651521798662.png

Message 7 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: dbeltranH3GEP

You might want to start a new thread if you decide that you need help. It would be much better than tagging into such an old thread.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report