Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Equipment Schedule

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
%4seasons%
4981 Views, 4 Replies

Mechanical Equipment Schedule

How can I create a separate schedule of mechanical equipments (i.e. Fan Coil Units, Condensing Units, Fans etc.). If I choose Mechanical equipments only all of these will come out on the schedule which is not ideal since they have different parameters. I might just missed some filter?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

Yep - under the Schedule's Properties, there is a 'Filter' tab which will allow you to restrict which elements are included in the schedule. There are a few parameters one can filter by such as Family Name or Type Mark. It all depends on your workflow, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Littlebluedog
in reply to: %4seasons%

At our firm we use a custom parameter to filter by, but when I write company standards I use the "Description" parameter in my filter.  So an example works like this:

A create an air handler, in the parameters I make sure the description says "AIR HANDLER"

Then my mechanical equipment schedule for Air Handlers has a filter that says the parameter "Description" "equals" "AIR HANDLER".  Then only my air handlers show up.  Then the "Description" parameter is hidden in the schedule under the "Formatting" tab of the schedule properties.

Yay I'm talking about Revit and stuff
Message 4 of 5
tblack_pe
in reply to: Littlebluedog

How does this work when you have a limitation of the number of cloumns?  I tried to create a schedule for our split system air handlers, but I could not get the outdoor unit parameters onto the schedule because it created too many cloumns.  My problem is that once I created the schedule I could not figure out how to add lines, and to allow the fields to have anything in them; no drop down box to pick from.

Is it simply allowing all of the fields to be text?

tb

Message 5 of 5
Littlebluedog
in reply to: tblack_pe

I'm not sure I understand the issue.  The only limitation on the number of columns is the width of the sheet your are placing the schedule on.

To add rows to your schedule, you need to add equipment and each piece of equipment will add it's own row.  It soundls like you've created a schedule that isn't reading the actual equipment in the model.

Yay I'm talking about Revit and stuff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report