Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McQuay Has Manufacturer-Created HVAC Family Files!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
davidvs
613 Views, 1 Reply

McQuay Has Manufacturer-Created HVAC Family Files!

McQuay has Revit 2009 family files of their HVAC equipment! These family files were actually created by McQuay.

They have features like excludable 3D clearance volumes, product documentation links, type catalog loading, and they even use shared parameters which have officially been endorsed by Autodesk for the more universal parameters (e.g. typically desirable for having on schedules). The intent is that someday in the future when other manufacturers create equipment models they can all be using the same shared parameter definitions, which should make interoperability easier.

McQuay even provides starter schedules with conditional formatting to show when values are out of range. The project files with the schedules in them also have instructions for helping you get the most out of this content.

You can get them at: http://www.mcquay.com/McQuay/BIM/Revit-BIMFiles
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mowens.beallinc
in reply to: davidvs

There appears to be a problem with the shared parameters used in certain manufacturer's family. If you try to load multiple families into a project with different shared parameter GUID the program crashes. This has occured for me while using the McQuay chiller family and a pump family (Patterson) that I've downloaded from the seek.autodesk site. I've been directed to this post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Mismatched-shared-parameter-definitions/td-p/347274... after I subbmited a support request if anyone else is having this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report