Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of poles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
431 Views, 2 Replies

Maximum number of poles

Good morning!

A noobie question again.. Can I edit the maximum number of poles for power balanced & unbalanced connectors? the maximum is set to 3. My colleague wants to set it to 5. Do I have to create a new parameter for for the max  poles? Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tkendrick
in reply to: Anonymous

I am also looking for an answer to this question. I'm placing J-boxes where there will be up to 7 circuits. I understand the reasoning behind having the max at 3. However sometimes you might have more than 3.

Hopefully someone out there has an answer.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

You shouldn't use multiple poles to simulate multiple loads - create additional Electrical Connectors in the family. I know it won't be as easy to connect 7 separate circuits to a panel, but the shortcuts you take will have repercussions. For instance, are those circuits to be controlled by a single breaker (which is the way Revit will see it), or should each one have its own single-pole breaker? This will also significantly effect Revit's calculations. I assume that the original poster is seeking the same goal...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report