Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Parameter in Piping System properties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
klaus.stroehl
517 Views, 4 Replies

Material Parameter in Piping System properties

Hi,

anyone able to tell me what the Material Parameter in the Piping System type-properties is for? The Material of a pipe is defined via Segments and Sizes in the Mechanical Settings-Dialogue. What do we need an additional parameter in the Piping System Definition for?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Klaus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lanl
in reply to: klaus.stroehl

Hi Klaus,

The Material defined in Segments and Sizes dialog doesn't affect the display of the pipes.

The Material parameter in Piping System type properties define the color, surface pattern, render display of the pipes, fittings, etc in the system.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 5
klaus.stroehl
in reply to: lanl

Hi Lei, thanks for your response! However, it looks like it is a bit of a mixture as the Material assigned in Segments indeed controls the visual appearance and it also pops up in schedules.
There are no Object Styles controlling pipe systems but you can override the visual appearance of all elements part of the system via this pipe-system material parameter. The schedules won't list this parameter at all (pipes or fittings)! The pipe schedule will always list the parameter assigned via Segments and a Piping System Schedule does not give me an option to list the parameter 🙂
Either I'm a bit off the track or there is something really confusing going on. Who would need this parameter? The graphical override is what is required and it is working well. If anyone needs to override the appearance with a specific Material we could at least rename this parameter to something like "Master Graphic ONLY Override for if plain colour-coding is not enough".
I would vote for simply removing this parameter!
Please correct me!
Cheers,
Klaus
Message 4 of 5
lanl
in reply to: klaus.stroehl

Hi Klaus,

Thanks a lot for the detail information and your feedback for Revit.

I would encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below when you think anything needed to be improved. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks.

Lei Lan
Message 5 of 5

Done that, thanks!

Cheers,

Klaus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report