Revit MEP

Contributor
klaus.stroehl
Message 1 of 5 (243 Views)

Material Parameter in Piping System properties

243 Views, 4 Replies
01-18-2014 09:34 PM

Hi,

anyone able to tell me what the Material Parameter in the Piping System type-properties is for? The Material of a pipe is defined via Segments and Sizes in the Mechanical Settings-Dialogue. What do we need an additional parameter in the Piping System Definition for?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Klaus

Product Support
lanl
Message 2 of 5 (209 Views)

Re: Material Parameter in Piping System properties

01-20-2014 12:35 AM in reply to: klaus.stroehl

Hi Klaus,

The Material defined in Segments and Sizes dialog doesn't affect the display of the pipes.

The Material parameter in Piping System type properties define the color, surface pattern, render display of the pipes, fittings, etc in the system.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Contributor
klaus.stroehl
Message 3 of 5 (196 Views)

01-20-2014 02:54 PM in reply to: lanl
Hi Lei, thanks for your response! However, it looks like it is a bit of a mixture as the Material assigned in Segments indeed controls the visual appearance and it also pops up in schedules.
There are no Object Styles controlling pipe systems but you can override the visual appearance of all elements part of the system via this pipe-system material parameter. The schedules won't list this parameter at all (pipes or fittings)! The pipe schedule will always list the parameter assigned via Segments and a Piping System Schedule does not give me an option to list the parameter :-)
Either I'm a bit off the track or there is something really confusing going on. Who would need this parameter? The graphical override is what is required and it is working well. If anyone needs to override the appearance with a specific Material we could at least rename this parameter to something like "Master Graphic ONLY Override for if plain colour-coding is not enough".
I would vote for simply removing this parameter!
Please correct me!
Cheers,
Klaus
Product Support
lanl
Message 4 of 5 (143 Views)

01-25-2014 07:06 PM in reply to: klaus.stroehl

Hi Klaus,

Thanks a lot for the detail information and your feedback for Revit.

I would encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below when you think anything needed to be improved. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks.

Lei Lan
Contributor
klaus.stroehl
Message 5 of 5 (119 Views)

01-27-2014 02:01 PM in reply to: klaus.stroehl

Done that, thanks!

Cheers,

Klaus

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube