Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make annotation on wall-mounted family show on floorplan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eglover
535 Views, 2 Replies

Make annotation on wall-mounted family show on floorplan

I need to add an annotation to a wall-mounted lighting fixture that will show on a project's floorplan. The issue is that when you create a face-hosted family, looking at the face is considered the "floorplan." An annotation on the floorplan view of the family will only show up on an elevation view of the project. To place an annotation that will show up on the floorplan of the project, it needs to be placed on the back view of the family. While in the back view, the "symbol" tool is grayed out. The only way arround this I've found is to open a family from the existing library in which the annotation behaves the way I need and then modify everything and resave it. This is very messy, and there has to be a more direct way to do this. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jlwetzel
in reply to: eglover

Edit the family, then you need to add the symbol/label in the reference level view. If you only want the symbol to show, highlight the 3d model work and adjust its visibility settings.
Message 3 of 3
eglover
in reply to: eglover

What I was trying to convey is that an annotation on the reference level view is useless. Because the item is wall mounted, anything on the reference level is invisible on the project's floorplan, which is where I need the symbol to show up. I need to either find a way to make an annotation that was put on the reference level show up on the floorplan or put the annotation on the back elevation view, which is the same view as the project's floor plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report