Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(MEP)piping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tarki
230 Views, 4 Replies

(MEP)piping

Hi all,
This is Tarkesh from NNE bPharma plan India Ltd. I have quieries regarding piping in revit mep.

1. If i have different pipes of different moc/ different sizes, i cant be able to show the same in legend part.

2. whatever colurs i can see in plan, the same is not possible in 3d view.

3. In vetical line I'm unable to place a pressure guage.

4. when two pipes are running perpendicular to each other, it automatically takes it fittings.

5. Even in schedule quantity i can't get proper quantity
for eg:- if have cws of 100d ,50d / chw of 100d, 50d it won't differentiate it appropiate length

Regards

Tarkesh
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: tarki

Lemme see if i can help here on some:
1) Legend will allow you to put parts on it, but not pipes nor ducts. So try representing it with just detail lines
2) Yes you can, you just have to apply the same Filters and then configure the colors. After doing that, save it as a ViewTemplate and you will be able to easily assign that to new 3D view.
3) Yes, there were problems putting items in vertical runs. Hopefully that will be cleared up in the next release.
4) Try turning off the AutoConnect button on the options bar during the command
5) Quantity or Lengths? From what I understand of your question this should be doable. The problem I immediately see tho is the pipe lengths should not be considered accurate for fabrication.
Message 3 of 5
dennis

Oh, and no need to apologize for your English. We in America don't do English very good either, hehe. I hvae fuond thta if enogh is ther then it can be figrued out. 8 )
Message 4 of 5
leftmid3

Dennis,
How would I show pipes in legend by detail lines as you suggested?
I have applied filters in all my plan and 3d views, and want to show in the legend the different linetypes and systems.
For example, my San Vent is 3/32" dashed and my San waste is solid. How do I draw a 3/32" dash detail line? We have used a number of filters and linetypes to differentiate between CHWR, CHWS, CDWR, CDWS, CW, HW, Waste, Vent, Chemical Feeders, etc. Since we aren't plotting construction docs in color, it is important we define the linetypes in the legend.

Thanks,
Mike
Message 5 of 5
Jrobker

"How do I draw a 3/32" dash detail line?"
You have to create a 3/32 line pattern first (may be in template already).
than you have to create a line style and assign the new line pattern.
Than it becomes an option in detail lines.
We dont do linetypes in our legend. We just tag the pipe type on the individual sheets. The reason is we show our mechanical room piping double lined and with insulation. If we have a 4" ID cold water line (---- -- ----) shown double lined it appears as if there is two...well you get the picture.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report