Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jk533886
555 Views, 4 Replies

MEP Issues

I am new to revit, and I am having issues connecting the plumbing on a larger project.  The fixtures are on the architectural plans and I have linked that file to the mep project I am working in. However when I go to attach a pipe to the fixture, it doesn't recognize the fixture.  How do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ASCunningham
in reply to: jk533886

You cannot connect to a fixture in a linked model. It's a limitation of the program. You will have to place a similiar fixture into your mep project and connect to that. Also there is a copy/monitor function in Revit MEP that would copy the fixture from the arch model into the mep model but I've not had much luck with it.

Message 3 of 5
RickGraham

We have "dummy" fixtures with nothing more than a hot/cold water line connector, waste drain and vent connectors placed at the right height for the fixture. We insert those and then connect away.

Rick

Rick

Message 4 of 5
jk533886
in reply to: RickGraham

where did you find those or did you make the family yourself?

Message 5 of 5
abulla

Here's a couple of connector-only families that some nice person from Autodesk University 2009 shared with everyone. Feel free to use these or modify them to your needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report