Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP Blog Launched

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
KyleB_Autodesk
331 Views, 8 Replies

MEP Blog Launched

Revit MEPers,
Just wanted to give myself a shameless plug and tell you that I've recently launched my Autodesk Blog, Inside the System.

http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/

It will cover MEP topics and Sustainability, as well as a number of other things involving new technology in the AEC industry.

Feel free to let me know what you think, and please reply with any potential topics you'd like me to cover.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

*click-click*

I like the idea. (I dont like the idea of having to register for
comments, but that isnt necessarily your doing.)

Pertaining to your most recent post; I dont agree with the BIM curve.
There will always be a `saw tooth' process. Granted, a BIM process may
minimize the ``cutting surfaces'' of those teeth but they will always
be there.

Checking out `Shiny objects' now...

Kyle B [Autodesk] wrote:
> Revit MEPers,
> Just wanted to give myself a shameless plug and tell you that I've
> recently launched my Autodesk Blog, Inside the System.
>
> http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/
>
> It will cover MEP topics and Sustainability, as well as a number of
> other things involving new technology in the AEC industry.
>
> Feel free to let me know what you think, and please reply with any
> potential topics you'd like me to cover.
>
> Cheers, Kyle B Revit MEP Product Manager
> http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/
Message 3 of 9

Comments can be a dangerous thing in the blogosphere, so I've chosen to make sure we know who is logging thjem

As for the BIM Curve, I agree that it's a bit of an idealization. Nonetheless it illustrates a point about the inefficiencies of a paper-based process. Just trying to get people thinking.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

No, I agree, its a good idea. I too, am all about security and such. But
not one that I will partake in--im crazy like that-.

*lol* agree. But so is the whole BIM process as of right now. Ive been
playing around with this thought--paperless--since I started in Revit
a few months back. I may have to start another thread on a topic
relating to this later.

Kyle B [Autodesk] wrote:
> Comments can be a dangerous thing in the blogosphere, so I've chosen
> to make sure we know who is logging thjem
>
> As for the BIM Curve, I agree that it's a bit of an idealization.
> Nonetheless it illustrates a point about the inefficiencies of a
> paper-based process. Just trying to get people thinking.
>
> Cheers, Kyle B Revit MEP Product Manager
Message 5 of 9

Quick question to those of you on the forums, are you finding the videos I'm posting helpful? Is there anything you think I could do better to make the information more useful?

TIA,
Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Kyle,

I think the videos are great. It may not be the same for everyone, but for me, seeing a subject demonstrated makes it easier to
understand than just reading it out of a manual.

John

wrote in message news:5769292@discussion.autodesk.com...
Quick question to those of you on the forums, are you finding the videos I'm posting helpful? Is there anything you think I could
do better to make the information more useful?

TIA,
Kyle B
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Kyle:

Videos are just great - much more direct to the subject. Please go on with the good work!

Cheers
Message 8 of 9
ulebule22

Hi Kyle,

I really like your blog and learning a lot from it, but I can't find a way to post a question to you there I think.

Wanted to tell you that I learned great deal in your classes during AU and your videos on connectors are priceless.

However I still I have general question on connector. This seems to be great issue some times in our office. Do we blindly trust all

the connectors that come with Revit MEP content? I think I understand them, but sometimes

the generic Revit family says totally different thing, so now I am really not sure if I am right or the Autodesk approved content is

right. I did notice few discrepancy here and there, but let me just give you example. Trying to create Fan Power Box-Series family.

This is what Revit standard block is having on the 3 connectors.( I tested it in a system and the data is not propagating thruout)

1. SUPPLY/ CALCULATED/ IN / SPECIFIC LOSS – PRESSURE MAPPED TO NONE, AIR LOW MAPPED TO PRIMARY AIRFLOW

2. RETURN/ CALCULATED / IN / SPECIFIC LOSS – PRESSURE MAPPED TO PLENUM AIR PRESSURE, AIRFLOW MAPPED TO PLENUM AIRFLOW

3. SUPPLY/ CALCULATED / OUT / SPECIFIC LOSS – PRESSURE MAPPED TO PRIMARY PRESSURE, AIRFLOW MAPPED TO OUTLET AIRFLOW

This is my version and I think is working. Did few tests. Created system and data is propagating to the unit, not sure if I am doing something wrong.

1. SUPPLY/ PRESET/ IN / SPECIFIC LOSS – PRESSURE MAPPED TO PRIMARY, AIRFLOW MAPPED TO PRIMARY AIRFLOW

2. RETURN/ PRESET / IN / SPECIFIC LOSS – PRESSURE MAPPED TO PLENUM AIR PRESSURE, AIRFLOW MAPPED TO PLENUM AIRFLOW

3. SUPPLY/ CALCULATED / OUT / NOT DEFINED – PRESSURE MAPPED TO NONE, AIRFLOW MAPPED TO OUTLET AIRFLOW

info on how series box work:

You might think that setting up one of these boxes would be very similar to the parallel box, but in fact they are very different. The biggest difference is the fan inside will always run. When the space is calling for full cooling the primary damper opens to its design flow and the fan gets all of its airflow from the main air handler. The design cfm of both the fan and the primary air must be the same. Too much primary air will dump out the back of the box. When there is not enough primary airflow the fan will draw in return air mixing it with primary air and cause the discharge temperature to by high. When the space temperature is satisfied the primary air damper goes to its minimum design and the fan then draws in return air from the back of the box to allow for a constant flow into the space. Here are the steps in setting up the balance of this box:
Message 9 of 9
J.Spleha

Kyle, Is there a blog that is especially for the creation of dynamic Revit Family content.? Obviously there are an enormous number of users who want the content. as well as a Manufacturer, we want our content out there.. however I am having not overwhelming issues, yet the difficulties are persistent.

In short... I feel its hard at times to distinguish Project vs Family content issues.

Of which all of mine are Family content related...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report