Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading basic families in newly installed revit 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sshetty995
1256 Views, 1 Reply

Loading basic families in newly installed revit 2014

i have a query ................I am new to revit and have installed the revit 2014 recently .....i want to know how to load the basic families(eg. duct and pipe fittings and diffusers etc.) in my revit 2014 all together and not 1 by 1?.....as of now i have to load every thing manually 1 at a time ...and the endcaps and the other fitting are not loaded so my ductworks are not complete and there is no automatic connection so the purpose of revit is defeated...i am using the student version of revit mep 2014.
I cant even make a pipe with a 90 degree bend because the fitting is not loaded..and even after loading i have to load it again every time i want a 90 degree bend in a pipe.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
abulla
in reply to: sshetty995

You can drag and drop families from your desktop straight into Revit (as long as there isn't an associated type catalog txt file). Most basic fitting families are already loaded in the built-in Mechanical Template file, are you using that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report