Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking MEP model to Architectural model

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lamar1616
526 Views, 5 Replies

Linking MEP model to Architectural model

I am linking a Revit 2014 MEP model to a Revit 2014 architectural model and I'm having trouble seeing the systems, zones, and spaces from the MEP model into the architectural model.  I linked my MEP model by origin to origin and I can see my diffusers and VAV boxes, but the zones, spaces, and systems are not showing up in the system browser.  Is there a way to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: lamar1616

Hi... I have never done this but try copy/monitor...that might do what you want..

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

One cannot read the system information from linked models, although the elements within the linked model still contain their information and can be Tagged/Scheduled to somewhat retrieve this data. If the information from linked models were accessible from the System Browser, that would A) be pretty useless since nothing can be changed/modified, and B) severely clutter up the System Browser if one was linking one MEP project into another, and likely have many duplicate Systems, making it impossible to decipher. What information are you aiming to retrieve?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
lamar1616
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I was hoping that the link would still keep the systems and zones for the VAV boxes so that I would avoid having to do rework.  Plus if I am sending the MEP model off to another MEP collaborator it would give them an idea on which VAV boxes belongs into a certain system or zone.  Really I just want to send my MEP model to another person and rather than just have the VAV boxes and diffusers, they could still see the data behind it.

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

Well, if the MEP model is linked in, then wouldn't you also have to send that project file as well? They could then just look at the MEP model to get that info, right?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
lamar1616
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes they can, but I wanted them to avoid having to do that.  I guess I was under the impressing that linking would pretty much take your model and all the data and just add it to another model.  If I can't do that, then I'm probably going to have to use that workaround.

Thank you for the clarity on this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report