Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking CAD file to Revit Section

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WheelerCJ
2100 Views, 3 Replies

Linking CAD file to Revit Section

Hi,

How do I do this? I can link a CAD file to a site plan and when I update the CAD file I can just reload the link in Revit and it updates the plans to suit, now I want to be able to do this for Revit sections. What is the best way to do it? Doing a straight link cad doesn't work.

Any help is much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

Does this post answer your question? If not, have you tried searching this forum for a similar issue?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks very much for your reply.

In a section in Revit MEP is it possible to do a similar command in AutoCAD like layer isolate and just isolate a certain group of objects? I have linked in a few files and when I create a new section I have to hide loads of things in view before I actually see what I'm looking for.

I know I can set up a template and freeze stuff but is there a quicker way?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

You can try using Temporary Hide/Isolate, which is the glasses icon at the bottom of the application. After you have isolated elements and/or categories, you can click on this button and select "Apply Hide/Isolate to View" to make the change permanent.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report