Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking CAD & Changing Duct Properties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
387 Views, 4 Replies

Linking CAD & Changing Duct Properties

Hi,

Couple of questions to ask:

1. Whenever I link CAD to Revit, the polylines on the CAD drawing converts to thin line. How can I maintain the thickness of the polyline?

2. How can I set the duct centre line to different color?

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

1. I don't believe that you can get the polylines to retain their width - you would have to create a separate Layer in AutoCAD. This can be done fairly easily by first creating a separate Layer and then using the QSELECT command to select only the polylines of a specified Width and then placing them on said Layer.

2. If the centerlines are from from Ducts in AutoCAD, they would have to be on their own dedicated Layer. If you are referring to Revit's Duct Centerlines, those can be controlled under Object Styles or V/G Settings as a subcategory to the various Duct categories.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey, I tried your suggestions for 1 & 2 but no luck.

For item 1, I changed the properties (lineweight/thickness/global width) but still the same when I link to revit.

For item 2, I changed the duct centerline under visibility graphics/object style but still the same color with the duct. I can see that when draw duct command is active, the duct centreline is line but when finished with the command, it turns to duct color.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Sorry, I should have elaborated a little more. In Revit, you can control the lineweight of each Layer of an imported AutoCAD file just like a category, under the 'Imported Objects' tab in Object Styles. If, in the AutoCAD file, you have multiple different widths of polylines on the same Layer, then you would have to break those up into separate Layers according to their weights. Then, set the appropriate lineweight in Object Styles.

2. What is occurring then, is that there is a System Graphic Override or a View Filter applying a color to the System. In this case, you cannot independently control the appearance of a subcategory as it is subservient to the overrides applied to the overall Category or Element.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Many thanks for the help Corey!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report