Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked arch model with rotated project north

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EddieFromDC
1029 Views, 5 Replies

Linked arch model with rotated project north

Hello,

The architect rotated his project north 90 degress clockwise on the views that he used

in this tittleblock (Sheets). To make them fit.

I linked the arch model and rotated my project north the same way. But nothing happens.

What should I do. Rotate the link? Link by view?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
EddieFromDC
in reply to: EddieFromDC

I think I figured it out. I "checked" the Crop View, Crop Region Visible and Annotation Crop to

make them visivle. Selected the crop then rotated it...That was easy.

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

I was just looking into this, and was testing. I linked in a model, and when I changed Project North, the linked model did in fact rotate with the host Project. It sound like they didn't actually rotate Project North, but rather rotated the Views?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
EddieFromDC
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADastrophe,

Hmm..You right. When I tried it earlier "Rotate Project North", all my crop views were

not turned on (un-cheched). That's why my views did not rotate although it gave me a

message "Rotate Project North command has successfully processed 289 elements"

I have to first turn crop view & region visible, and annotation crop then Rotate Project North.

....But this rotated all the views. I need it only to rotate on the views that goes into a sheet.

Thank you for your input. I learned two things today.

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

How did the Architect do it? Did they only rotate choice Views and not actually rotate Project North? Did they change Project North and then rotate some Views back?

Edit: Also note that there is a Parameter called "Orientation" under a View's Properties that lets you dictate whether the View follows Project North or True North, so you may not have to physically rotate anything.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
EddieFromDC
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I think they only rotate choice Views and not actually rotate Project North..Because when I change the view's Orientation to True North. The view changes it's orientation. And if I change it back to Project North nothing happens.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report