Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link in the Way

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thombrady
332 Views, 3 Replies

Link in the Way

I have taken a Cad file, turned it into a family, loaded it into a project & linked that project into the REAL 4 floor project I am working on. NP, everything looks great, shows up in section & everything. The issue being that it shows up in 2D on every single view & while it is not that big of a deal I am wondering if there is a way without unloading it to shut it off in all views at once instead of seperately?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: thombrady

First, why did you make a family out of the Cad File.....could use that info to help discern your plight.  Outside of that, are you using Worksets?  If so, place this particular "family" into it's own WS, and thenn you should be ale to control it's visibility.......You may also want  to look un VG>Imported Categories and see what is in there.

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 4
thombrady

Thanks! Forgot about worksets...duh

Message 4 of 4
tim.winnington

Other option is to create a view template for sections either with the category off or that specific link turned off.  You are then able to selectmultiple views, right click and apply view template.  If it is only the visibility graphics you wish to apply then uncheck the other categories and apply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report