Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lining not showing up

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thombrady
593 Views, 7 Replies

Lining not showing up

I am drawing duct & fittings, adding lining & the lining does not show up on the duct! Fittings look great, exactly how I want them to but nothing on the duct. I have checked all visibility settings but cannot find anything that would turn off just duct lining. ANY Ideas.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
thombrady
in reply to: thombrady

Forget it. Figured it out, I am on a R.C.P. & so the lining will not show up.

Message 3 of 8

Hmmm - strange reason as just because it is an RCP, if you looked up you'd see lining and insulation (assuming you can see through sheet steel!!)

Have checked in a 2012 model I'm working on and linings show up on a RCP.

I presume you have the duct linings category selected in the VG and you have no filters applied?

Are your ducts at "proper angles" to one another both horizontally and vertically? i.e not 90.0000034 degress etc. as find that often causes lines to go missing.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
thombrady

Yes, all that is true. I have even drawn new ducts & the lining still will not show up. It is not a big job & this is the first time this has happened so I am just putting text in to denote the duct is lined. Win some & lose some I guess!

Message 5 of 8

What about Mechanical settings and the show hidden MEP lines check box?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
thombrady

Thanks, but no luck. Just one of them famous Revit glitches.

Message 7 of 8
CoreyDaun

Well, I created a length of Duct in a blank project for both Revit MEP 2012 and 2013, and both the Lining and Insulation displayed on the Ceiling Plan. This is probably some random visibility issue rather than a glitch.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 8
thombrady

Thanks, it has me baffled but I will keep brainstorming & see what if anything I come up with. You are probably correct because I inherited the project & it is part of an existing building so I am sure there is some setting I am overlooking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report