Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited number of Spares on a Panel Board?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LisaDrago
1795 Views, 6 Replies

Limited number of Spares on a Panel Board?

A co-worker came to me with this problem... She is working on a panel board and is running into a limited number of spares... she said she was creating 3 poles and after 21 she is unable to create more.

I am not 100% sure what she is talking about but I wanted to see if anyone else had issues creating a large amount of spares?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LisaDrago

I just started a new Project (2014) and create a new Panelboard with 24 3-Pole Spares, just to confirm this shouldn't be a problem. With so few details about the problem, I can only guess that the "Max #1 Pole Breakers" Parameter for the Panel is not set high enough.

If your user is having difficulties with the Panel Schedule itself (i.e. not showing enough circuits), then perhaps the Template Options (available when editing the Panel Schedule Template) are in need of adjustment, specifically the "Number of Slots Shown:" setting. Once changes are made to a Panel Schedule Template, one must open the corresponding Panel Schedule View and click "Change Template" and select the same Template to "refresh" it.

Another possibility may lie in the formatting of the Panel Schedule Template; while editing a Template, if "Number of Slots Shown:" is set to "Variable based on maximum number of one-pole breakers" than a 42-CCT Panel is shown by default that the user can customize. However, if a Panel that uses this Template has more than 42 Circuits, then circuits 43 and above may be omitted from the formatting, and thus appear incorrectly, somehow. The means of fixing it is to edit the Template, temporarily set the "Number of Slots Shown:" to the maximum possible value, fix the formatting, and set the number of slots back.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you! - as soon as I can find the person who asked... I will see what we can do with what you have said... (new office, new names and faces... I can't find anyone right now!)

Lisa

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 7
LisaDrago

okay - I found her!..

A little more info...

As she tried to add more spares - it is not letting her... Image attached...

so she has spares - but is unable to continue adding them. when she click on it the spare is grayed out.

LD

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LisaDrago

No image (if you are using Internet Explorer, that could be the reason).

What's the Panel's "Max #1 Pole Breakers" set to? Is the Panel Schedule View showing more CTT's than the Panel has? That's the only thing I can immediate think of that would cause the "Spare" button to be grayed-out.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
LisaDrago

panel.jpg

Message 7 of 7
LisaDrago

So yes... there were more CTT's shown then the panel actually had...

Thank you!

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report