Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Controls - power packs & room controllers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pteague
863 Views, 4 Replies

Lighting Controls - power packs & room controllers

Okay, I've given up on my search through the topics on this question.

I'm doing a hospital design where our basic design is to have Watt Stopper room controllers to control our spaces.  Aside from the fact that Watt Stopper's Revit family doesn't work very well (somewhat common for mfrs), I'm having trouble figuring out how I should wire the rooms up.

A problem is that if I assign the room controllers to the circuit but not the light fixtures, then my panel schedule won't reflect the correct loads.  If I assign the fixtures to the circuit, the auto-wiring will mess things up because it won't differentiate between switched and unswitched loads.

Has anyone on here done designs using power packs or room controllers?  I found it really strange that there were no posts on this topic.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: pteague

I've kinda done some lighting controls, but it was done by adding Shared Parameters to the Lighting Devices for compiling Relay Schedules, that way I can crab switch legs and circuit numbers. No real intelligence behind it, though. I believe that such 'advanced' lighting control concepts are currently beyond Revit, especially since Revit is STILL incapable of the basic lighting design concept of a three-way switch!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
pteague
in reply to: CoreyDaun

"...especially since Revit is STILL incapable of the basic lighting design concept of a three-way switch!"

*Sigh*

Message 4 of 5
pteague

I think that, so far, the best we can come up with is to make a new power pack family that is a light fixture and make sure the home runs come from the power pack.  That way, the panel schedules will have the correct load information on them.  It's a big-time kludge though.  It would really be nice to have something that's functional.

Message 5 of 5
Chris.Aquino

After some quick testing, it looks like the shared parameter route, or your custom family workaround are the best workarounds for this issue.

We are always looking for ways to make the product better and this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report