Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
leestegall
413 Views, 1 Reply

License Transfer

I am aware of a MEP firm downsizing and are trying to liquidate 4 copies of REVIT 2011.  I would like to purchase them but am concerned with transferring licenses.  They will submit Autodesk Transfer Of License Exception Application as part of a liquidation program.  ASSUMING that Autodesk approves the transfer, will I be able to add it to my subscription service and get all updates?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: leestegall

They will likely only approve the TOL if your company assumes all the assets of the original owner.  If that happens, then you can probably add them to your Subscription on renewal.  Your Reseller can work with you on this. 

However, a company going out of business and auctioning off their assets cannot legally resell their seats to you.  A TOL exception really is only granted when one company consumes another. 

Never try to purchase licenses from anyone other than Autodesk or an Autodesk Authorized Reseller. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report