Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Wise Schedule of Duct and duct Fittings

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mrkhokhary2k
3656 Views, 9 Replies

Level Wise Schedule of Duct and duct Fittings

Hi All.

I have a Revit MEP Model upto 10 Levels.

When ever i go to Schedule and Extract the data, then it show whole of the building fittings and duct sizes.

But I need Level Wise Data.

(i.e Duct Fittings Schedule Level B to Level 9)

Please explain me how to extract/reproduce the

Schedule of Ducts and Ducts Fittings.

Please Help me in the above noted Issue.

Regards.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
asommer
in reply to: mrkhokhary2k

It is a shame you cannot use certain System Parameters in schedules.  You are looking for "Reference Level", however it is not a schedulable parameter.

You could add a parameter to the ducts and manually enter a value, but you will have to go back, select all ducts on each level and put in the value.  Might not be too bad if you select them all at once in section or elevation.  It still would be nice for it to be done automatically.

Message 3 of 10
malagon03
in reply to: asommer

I am required to present a schedule of penetrations for a plumbing job, in which I have to count how many vertical pipes cut through the slab and its respective diameters. Is there any way to create pipe schedules sorted by level or by view template??? is there any way to schedule annotation tags???

I have seen in some forums where it is suggested to use some other attribute of the pipe (like the comments box) to do so. The problem is that some of the pipe runs can be shared by several levels (Vertically). This causes Revit to count this pipe in only one of the slabs that this pipe run cut through. Any other suggestions?? tks!!

Message 4 of 10
billy_beard

A workaround may be to create a generic model for a sleeve and place those and schedule them.  More work to manage but may give you more accurate results in a schedule.

Message 5 of 10
GlynnisVP

I'm not sure if this would get you all the data you need, but I had two thoughts:

1.  Use the Revit Interference check (Collaborate Tab) to generate a report between your pipes and the floor slabs.  This would identify how many cut through the slabs but not provide information about the reference level of the slabs.  See screenshot:  http://www.screencast.com/t/ZB3aw7pfyL

You could use the report to make selection sets by ID and then flag a Project or Shared parameter (ThruSlab=yes) if you really wanted to have it in a Revit schedule.

2.  Use Ideate Explorer for Revit to sort the pipes by Reference level.  See screenshot:  http://www.screencast.com/t/lj9wutfHvBh

This would give you the Reference Level data but not identify which are vertical.

Regards,

Glynnis Patterson

www.ideatebimlink.comwww.ideateexplorer.com

Message 6 of 10
malagon03
in reply to: GlynnisVP

excellent!!!! tks!!

Message 7 of 10
shadabhasan46
in reply to: malagon03

Thanks to all discuss of this Problem. I also facing this problem (Duct Quantity Level By Level) in the Available Field of Schedule is not present Level Parameter. See attached images, I tried to create Shared Parameter for this field but Level Field always been Blank. Please Suggest. Thanks

Message 8 of 10
fabiosato
in reply to: shadabhasan46

Hello,

Whenever you create a shared parameter, you will need to fill it manually, or through formulas (not the case), or through Dynamo.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
shadabhasan46
in reply to: fabiosato

Thanks for replying 

I realized that when we create duct schedule just on that time Level Parameter not available.But other Schedule (Like:Duct Fittings, Duct Accessories, Air terminals and Mechanical Equipment) Level Parameter is available. Perfectly

working.    

Message 10 of 10
Raghaw.D
in reply to: shadabhasan46

You can extract the quantity of duct and duct fittings level wise by creating a shared parameter and put values into it, but please note if you want to extract the exact quantity for different levels. You also need to split the vertical duct and Trim-Extend to the respective level. That's how you can include one vertical duct in two different levels.Screenshot_2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report