Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynotes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ryanh
322 Views, 6 Replies

Keynotes

I'm fairly new to Revit MEP 2009 but I am having trouble with the keynotes. I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know where I can get some tutorials or tips on keynotes. -Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jarumbo
in reply to: ryanh

We have developed a pretty decent method of using the keynotes. It involves an excel file saved as *.cvs. Another person at work figured it out and it appears as we are used to keynotes but a little more intelligent. I am at home now but will see if he has a paper on it and will post soon.
Message 3 of 7
sschwartz

I am curious about this one, also.
Message 4 of 7
Jarumbo

You make a csv text file using Excell that has three columns. The top rows only use two columns to define the discipline along with a description. The following rows use the trhee columns, Column A is a unique indentifier, Column B is the keynote text and Column C is discipline or sheet identifier. See attached sample. There is only one keynote file per project. Save as CSV text file.

In Revit, under Settings, select Keynoting and browse to the file location, click OK. With the drafting toolbar, select Keynote and pick an entity in one of your views, a diaslog box should appear where you select the keynote you want.

Also you need to create a Keynote Legend and using the properties box under Fields select Keynote Value, Keynote Text, under Filter select Filter by Sheet, under Sorting Sort by Key Value. Pretty musc adjust the appearance like a schedule. The Keynote Legend should appear under Legends where you drag it to each sheet.

Revit Help may offer more details. It sounds complicated but, really not that bad. Someone else at our office figured it out. It works great and cleans itself up when you add or remove keynotes.

Good Luck
Message 5 of 7
sschwartz

Sweet! I am going to give this a try.
Message 6 of 7
arcticad

Thank You, it works perfectly.

You need to load the keyNote Family also.
It's in Annotations / Keynote

If I have a building that is split into two parts. it still shows the keynote for the second half of the building that is not on the sheet.

is there any way to fix this?
---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 7 of 7
sschwartz

This works great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report