Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote questions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
EddieFromDC
2681 Views, 4 Replies

Keynote questions

Hi,

I have two questions..

1. How can I add an underline? I need to underline some words in the line.

2. How do I create a two/three line keynote? I need to break the note so that I can

fit it in a space in a crowded sheet.. 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

As the Keynote files are txt files I doubt you can provide any type of formatting.

For multi lines - are you using the keynote numbering or the keynote text?

If using the numbering (probably a simpler way to deal with it) then the schedule in the sheets can be customised in width.

If using the text then the only real way wuold be to have several different types of keynote tag which have different label widths. This means having say five version of the lable in one tag with different visibility for each one dependent upon the type. i.e 10mm wide, 25mm wide, etc The width of the parameter can be estimated using lines offset from the reference planes and then dragging the grips of the label to align with the lines.

Personally, I would use numbers and then schedule the numbers automatically on the sheets with a keynote legend.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

julianjameson8403,

We use keynote text. Thank you for your response. I will look into that.

Message 4 of 5
giorlando
in reply to: EddieFromDC

Everyone says this is impossible but in fact it  is possible. If you right click on your text file and do an Open With...Excel you can edit with excel and add line breaks using alt+return. Make sure to save as a tab delimited text file. This will not work if you tryd ata use the import data function in excel,so you must continue to edit the file in notepad or in the manner just described. Unfortunately even the excellent and useful Keynote Manager drops this special, secrete line break encoding. If anyone knowhow hat this character code is or how to pass it on on notepad or Kenote Manager I would love to know.

Message 5 of 5
bungarian
in reply to: giorlando

How do I prevent the text between or after alt-enters from going to it's own row after opening the file again?

Document1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report