Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with creating space on linked IFC model

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dutch1
434 Views, 1 Reply

Issue with creating space on linked IFC model

Hi guys,

I have linked in an IFC model in REVIT Mep. The building is just a basic 2 storey community hall with offices/toilets/changing rooms & a recreation hall.

I have created the spaces with no issues on all the rooms except the recreation hall. The recreation hall goes from the ground floor level & extends above the second floor level & covers the extents up to roof level. Its just a regular recreation hall as in most community centres or school gyms.

The issue I am having is every time I place a space I get a warning message up saying I have placed the space where multiple spaces are already, I have deleted these additional spaces but I am still getting the same warning message. I can click ok on the warning box & will place the space but only up to first floor level.

I then proceed to create an offset that will raise the space 2 metres above first floor level & then I get a 'geometry cannot be cut' warning box.

I have tried for about 5 hous today trying as much as I can & its the last room on the model I needed to complete before I could start the energy analysis ! Any help is much appreciated.

I will try get an attachement tommorow when I am back in work

Cheers

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dutch1
in reply to: dutch1

Problem solved kudos to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report