Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have element specific project units?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tbrown6608
451 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to have element specific project units?

I am using Revit MEP 2012 and I created tags for air terminals that read the size of the air terminal and also controls the physical appearance of the air terminal. Basically if I change the tag to read 12"x12" the air terminal changes to this size. In order for it to appear correctly I had to change the project units to inches. Now I am creating a tag for mechanical equipment to work the same way but I want the tag to read in feet not inches. This obviously conflicts but I am wondering if there is any way (I doubt there is just trying my luck) to set the default units to a specific element so this is possible?

If not I'll just accept the mechanical equipment tag to read in inches but if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tbrown6608

I don't think you have have different units like that. This is how I accomplished a similar situation:

Project Units: Feet,  I want a length to read in Inches

The Parameter "Length" controls the constraints of the family as typical. A Shared Parameter is placed family as an Integer type. The formula for this parameter is =Length / 0' 1". The Tag's label references this Shared Parameter and adds the suffix for the inches symbol.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
tbrown6608
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you. This does works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report