Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invert Elevation Changes when modifying sloped pipe

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
john.erickson
993 Views, 1 Reply

Invert Elevation Changes when modifying sloped pipe

Hi all One of my designers is having an ongoing issue with modifying sloped pipe. In plan view he can look at his horizontal sloped pipe and lets say the IE of the pipe is 100'-00". When he extends the highest end of the pipe, lengthening the pipe, after he extends it the elevation will be 99'-11-15/32" (or similar). I know the best fix is to not use sloped pipe until it Revit further develops it unfortunately the owner requires a high level of detail for this project so at least we are getting paid for the hair loss. We have tried pinning sloped pipe after we complete sections, however we run into constraint issues when we switch out generic fittings/parts for real world fittings later down the run of pipe. Any advice or a reasoning why this is happening, or words of condolences would be great. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

my condolences then... lol

what are you complaining about... jeez it's only 1/2 an inch, I've seen it drop stuff a couple feet before. Smiley Mad

what REALLY makes me want to chuck my monitor at the nearest revit developer is when I struggle to connect some pipe together, with revit repeatedly telling me "no autoroute solution could be found", then when I hold my tongue just right, and squint a little bit with my right eyeand get it to connect, then I look in 3d or section view, and revit has (like I said above) dropped one pipe a foot and a half, and put in a Transition that could not possibly exist in this universe, like 1" length with a 18" centerline offset.

Really?  that was your autoroute solution?  I'd rather it just keep telling me "no autoroute solution could be found".

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report