Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inset File Errors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Milt-Fitz
340 Views, 4 Replies

Inset File Errors

OK.... I'm attempting my 1st "Real Revit" drawing and have tested a few of my own 3D AutoCAD blocks and even was able to bring in one of my  "assembly" files with approximately 50 electrical / breaker panels for an entire data center. Now, when I try to put everything together on to what is suppose to be the original 2D plan layout I get the following message:

Revit can not import the file because it will create a Revit model that is larger than 2 miles across....

I've tried the rescale options, customer scales etc etc... Does anyone know what the problem could be?

BTW...this is not the 1st time I've had problems with this particular project. It seems as if everyone on this project has different standards for creating their AutoCAD files, and the closest to being able to work with anything is to create a final assembly in Naviswork.

Any help, or information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Milt,

(a.k.a. drafter1981)

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Siemens Industries (Full-Time Office Position)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Milt-Fitz

We received that message on two occasions in which we were linking in a 2D AutoCAD site plan into the project. We observed nothing that qualified that statement within the AutoCAD drawing, so we attempted adjusting scales and units to no effect. Eventually, we exported (W-Blocked) all of the selectable objects in the site plan into a new AutoCAD drawing. This action had solved the issue in both instances.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
cstruckmann
in reply to: Milt-Fitz

if it looks nothing in the file is larger than 2 miles across, there might be an embedded block that exceeds the size. either find the block, or explode blocks and get the file as clean as possible.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cstruckmann

That's a good point. I had forgotten that we had exploded all of the block prior to linking it into Revit. Perhaps then after exploding the blocks, one can enact ERASE, type "ALL" to select all objects (visible and invisible), and then deselect the visible objects via SHIFT+Selection Window. Maybe that will clear the debris from the exploded blocks.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Milt-Fitz
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for your information, as soon as I get some "Free-Time" I will go in and try to "re-block" the drawing. It won't be the 1st time I've had to do this because of having troubles with another persons AutoCAD file in the past nor do I think it will be the last. I guess since this is my 1st real "Revit" drawing I was expected things to go a bit smoother. Maybe I was too optimistic.

Thanks again, Regards,

Milt (a.k.a. drafter1981)

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Siemens Industries (Full-Time Office Position)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report