Revit MEP

Contributor
davem
Message 1 of 2 (112 Views)

Information Within Revit Schedules Disappear

112 Views, 1 Replies
12-13-2013 10:45 AM

Hello. I have been working with Revit for a few years and have always had this issue. Lets use a lighting fixture schedule as the example. When I place a fixture within the model and want to assign information to it on the schedule that was created, all is fine. As soon as I go and change a parameter for the lighting fixture family or anything of the like, all the information for that specific fixture type disappears within the schedule. Why is this?

I find myself retyping the same information sometimes up to 4-5 times throughout a project when fixture types have changed or quantities have changed and whatnot. This happens with motors, lighting fixtures, special purpose outlets, etc.

Is there anyway to prevent this information from disappearing within my schedules when updating things within my familes?

Thanks,

Dave

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: Information Within Revit Schedules Disappear

12-13-2013 11:03 AM in reply to: davem

I've not yet encountered any situation in which information just vanishes. In your Schedules' Properties, is the "Itemize Every Instances" option disabled under the 'Sorting/Grouping' tab? This would be the simplest possible cause - when multiple elements are grouped together in the same line of a Schedule and the have differing values for a field, then that field will appear blank. Perhaps after the data was entered, new elements were placed, thus causing this apparent loss of data (especially if the field is an Instance Parameter). If there is any confusion, can you post an image of the 'Sorting/Grouping' tab of your Schedule's Properties?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube