Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent to dependent

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
harinarayana55
1246 Views, 4 Replies

Independent to dependent

Hi all

I hope this is not correct.

Actually we have created independent views for all layouts.

But unfortunately client needs all views should be dependent under main plan.

So that we create again and cop all the tags and text in to newly created layouts.

Is there any other way to do this. I am using revit mep 2014.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: harinarayana55

One cannot change Independent Views into Dependent Views. You will have to recreate your Views as Dependent Views, which might be detrimental; for instance if you have slightly different V/G Settings or View Range for different areas of the same floor. The process can be made less painful with the use of Scope Boxes.

Many firms have their own means of accomplishing the same end result, so why is the client so adamant about the use of Dependent Views? Will they essentially be charged for the amount of time it will take to recreate all of the Views and then correct all of your Sheets?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
harinarayana55
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you Corey D

Message 4 of 5
harinarayana55
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi all

I have a doubt while creating dependent views with using a view template.

Due to high dense of the file, i have to plan supply air(SA) and fresh air ducts are shown in layout 1 and return air, remaining exhaust air shown in layout 2. These layouts are dependent views and with view temlate. I had created filters for SA,OA,RA,EA DUCTS.

Now the problem is while i am uncheck EA in 1st layout, automatically it was applied to second layout due to dependency.

So that i had select all EA ducts and related equipments and hide manually in layout 1.

and SA,OA are hide manually in all layout 2. Like a have 8 layouts. So that more time taken to hide manually.

Is that the way is correct or anything to do in a better way.

I was un checked filters in view template. 

I am using revit mep 2014.

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: harinarayana55

The Parent View and all associated Dependant Views will always share the same graphical settings (except for elements hidden in the View). If a View Filter is added to a Dependant View, it will be added to all applicable/associated Views, as well. The only purpose of a View Template in this process is to create consistency amongst the different floors (View Templates and Dependant Views can be redundant). In your case, you will need to create another Parent View and subsequently, additional Dependant Views in order to accommodate for differing visibility between your Views. I would advise again hiding elements individually.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report