Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to continue ducts, no joint available!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marco.defina
342 Views, 2 Replies

Impossible to continue ducts, no joint available!

Hello,

i need to design some ducts in a Revit File. I received this file from a Architectural Company.

I try to make a duct, but when i try to make a change of direction the program don't find any joint or curve. Why? I need to import the Library?

If a start froma  new file work well.

Example:

Cattura.JPG

Thak you.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: marco.defina

Yep, you have to import the various Duct Fittings Families as well as configure the "Routing Preference" of each Duct Type so Revit knows which fitting to use by default. But there is an easier way! Start a new Project using the Mechanical Template. Now in your Project, go to Manage tab » Transfer Project Standards, and in the following dialog choose "Duct Types" (and perhaps "Pipe Types" if you'll need those, too). This will import those Duct Types as well as import all of the Duct Fitting Families that are referenced by their "Routing Preferences".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
marco.defina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ok it works, but not at all...

I imported Project 1 Standards in Project 2.

The result is this: for example miss 1W and 2W for the ducts elbows or 1D for pipes elbows.

Project 1

1.jpg

Project 2

2.jpg

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report