Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing lineweights from AutoCAD to Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1839 Views, 1 Reply

Importing lineweights from AutoCAD to Revit

We are attempting to set up our Project Template for Revit. In AutoCAD we have a total of 255 colors, and each one is assinged a line weight. I reviewed all of our 255 colors and we only use 11 different line weights. In Revit, you have a total of 16 pens to choose from. Essentially, we are able to assigned 11 of our pens to the lineweights we currently use for AutoCAD, and still have 5 pens available.

The problem I am having is this.... Exactly WHERE/HOW do I set up the information in Revit? We are trying to make sure that our Revit projects appear the same when printed as the projects we complete in AutoCAD.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Settings --> Lineweights is where you assign line widths to the Revit line weights (1-16)

Settings --> Object Styles is where you assign line weights to objects.

So let's say you currently have your ductwork layers to plot at 0.02". Set one of the line weights (let's say #6) in Revit to 0.02" (within Line Weights), then assign Ducts to the Line Weight of 6 (within Object Styles).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report