Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing into Revit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brane1012
422 Views, 3 Replies

Importing into Revit

Hi!

I am MEP designer from Croatia using REVIT. I have a problem that most of our equipment manufacturers provide us only with 3D CAD blocks and I realized that REVIT doesn’t like importing 3D CAD blocks.

I am curious is there any other way of importing CAD blocks – What about exporting them first to the .SAT file and then importing into REVIT to create the family?! Does Revit work any faster using that method?!

Best regards, Branimir Segotic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: brane1012

I don't have much of an answer for you, but I believe you can import the 3D CAD into a Family first, and then load that Family into Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
brane1012

Any other suggestions??
Message 4 of 4
thombrady

Yes, there are multiple websites offering Families. You can try this link (http://www.revitforum.org/mep-family-creation/98-manufacturers-providing-revit-mep-families.html) or just go to autodesk seek. Also if it is an easily dimensioned piece like a rectangle or circle it may be easier to create it. I find sometimes to model it myself gives me a better handle of it. Whatever you do, do not get too fancy when creating families as they will slow down your model. Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report