Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing dependent floor plans

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
derekanderson
863 Views, 3 Replies

Importing dependent floor plans

Hi all,

I'm a security electronics consultant working with an architect on a project.  The architect sent me their revit architecture model.  I have Revit 2013.  I purged their model and saved it as a Link.rvt.  I created a new revit project and deleted all default elevations in the new project.  I then linked in the architect's model and then copy/monitored their default elevation levels.  Then I "imported" the floor plans from the link file.  However, it only brought in the "root" floor plans for each level from the Link file.  The architect had a lot of dependent floor plans.  Their project browser looks like this

Level 1 Key Plan

- Admin floor plan

- housing floor plan

- housing 2 floor plan

- etc

Is there any way I can also import all of the depending floor plans?  Or do I have to waste time recreating every single floor plan that the architect already spent their time creating??

I'm kind of new to Revit, know just enough to be dangerous, but this software sucks for us consultants.  Absolutely terrible software.  It's SLOW as molasses and I have a 5.0 GHZ i7 4k series computer with 32GB of ram.  And nothing in Revit seems intuitive, everything is convoluted and terribly difficult to get the output that you want.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: derekanderson

Hi derek,

Can you please elaborate on how you "imported" the Floor Plans from the Linked file?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
derekanderson
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sure, after doing the copy/monitor for the elevation levels.  I went to the View Tab > Plan Views > Floor Plans.  Then when it said to "Select one or more levels for which you want to create new views"  I selected all of the elevation levels that I had copy/monitored from the Linked file. 

I believe that is the correct way?  At least thats what both of my Revit 2013 books said. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
abulla
in reply to: derekanderson

Those views aren't actually imported from the linked model, you're basically creating views from scratch. You can use linked views to speed up the process, but you'll still need to create your dependent views. Once you've created them, you can apply the dependent views to any other view by right-clicking and choosing "Apply Dependent Views".

There are some helpful tips in this article about dealing with linked views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report