Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported categories

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FedericoAngeli
1354 Views, 4 Replies

Imported categories

Hi,

I'm working on a project in Revit 2014 not made by me. Some objects of the HVAC system I can not select them. What should be an heat exchanger appears to me as a simple rectangle and when I stop the mouse over it revit tells me: "import mep.dwg: Import Symbol: location <Not Shared>." How i can modify this element or how i can see its properties? I can see it only in the Floor plans views but not in the 3D view.

Thank you very much

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: FedericoAngeli

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

It looks like there is an imported DWG file acting as an plan underlay, which is what you are selecting to see "Import Symbol" under Properties.If there actually is a Revit element there, you can either a) hover the mouse over the unit (don't click yet) and hit TAB to see if another element becomes highlighted and then click, or b) select the import object and use Temporarily Hide Object using the icon with the glasses at the bottom. From your image, it doesn't look like there is a Revit element there, but you can also verify this in a 3D View (the DWG import won't display).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
FedericoAngeli
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi,
if I press tab nothing appends and in the 3D view there is not this
element even if I do not press hide icon.
So, if that is not an element of revit, I can not know its properties nor
change these, am i right?

Thanks for the quick response.

--
Angeli Felicioni Federico
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: FedericoAngeli

It is not a Revit Family, so it is nothing more than a few lines to Revit. It has no applicable properties or information in regards to Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
FedericoAngeli
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you very much, I've been much help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report