Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Architectural into Revit MEP 2009

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
italia22
186 Views, 2 Replies

Import Architectural into Revit MEP 2009

I work for a small electrical only firm and using Revit on our first job. I have an architectural base file from the architect that contains 6 floors, a penthouse and a roof plan will sections, and many other views. How do I set up my electrical drawing that will include all of the floor plan views that the architect has. I have imported this file everyway I know how and all I can see is the first and second floor. I need help setting up my job. Edited by: italia22 on Oct 2, 2008 1:24 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jrobker
in reply to: italia22

You need to copy/monitor the elevation grids, than create the new views.
the first and second floors are default views, you'll get that in a new drawing.
go to an Elevation and select copy/monitor-->select link-->copy (in your copy monitor options)-->multiple-->select elevation grids-->finish-->finish mode.
After you have done this go to VIEW-->new floor plan and you will see the levels you copied.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 3
jlwetzel
in reply to: italia22

You do not want to use the default levels that are there. If you do, the views will not be associated to the correct levels. If you copy the levels into your project you'll end up with two separate levels for 1 and 2. You should delete any pre-existing levels before making views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report