Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to schedule this

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
CarrieHoffman02
442 Views, 9 Replies

I want to schedule this

Please see picture. I know this is easier than I am making it out to be, but i haven't figured it out yet.

Carrie

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rocky1717
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Is that "CFM" Parameter linked to the duct connector element's "flow" parameter inside the family?

Message 3 of 10
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: rocky1717

It is now, but it is still different than the system flow. If I change the flow of one of the diffusers, it updates the system flow but not the cfm in the schedule. Should I be scheduling a system? Is that even possible?

Message 4 of 10
rocky1717

Make sure the mechanical setting for the duct connector look like this.

Message 5 of 10
rocky1717

Post a pic of your schedule.

Message 6 of 10
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: rocky1717

Here it is

Message 7 of 10

Is the parameter in the family a shared parameter?

If so, did it come from the same source as the CFM parameter used in the other families?

Looking at your picture - you have the connector set as calculated and bidirectional. It should be preset and in as Rocky mentions.

Also I would add a loss value in the families - even if a notional value thus removing errors in your model.

Also good practice is make sure you name your connectors.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 8 of 10

Yes the parameter is a shared parameter. If it were a family parameter I wouldn't be able to schedule it. Also this is the first time I am using this, (In previous projects, I didn't have time to figure all this out so schedules were done in AutoCAD) so I don't have it in other families yet. 

I have now set the connector to preset and in as you (and Rocky) mentioned, but technically this air is supply so wouldn't it be "out"? And I will name my connector. I usually do anyway. 

With these changes, My unit has 2125 cfm which should be the same for the system, however the system added up all the cfm for each diffuser and the cfm for the unit for a total of 4250. The system is supposed to have 2125 cfm as well. 

Message 9 of 10
asommer

Edit the System, select that unit as the "Equipment" for the system.

Also, the Supply Duct Connector in that equipment family should be Supply, OUT, and Calculated.

Message 10 of 10
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: asommer

WooHoo! I got it to work. Setting the Supply Duct Connector to  Supply, OUT, and Calculated did the trick!

Thanks

Carrie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report