Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am sure someone has an easy response to this...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
c.era
394 Views, 3 Replies

I am sure someone has an easy response to this...

In Revit MEP 2011 I have all my RCPs set up. I have multiple plan regions because there are many different ceiling heights. What is really bothering me is that I cannot get the doors cut out properly on the RCPs. Looks fine on the floor plan. I know the view range is inverted between RCP and Floor plan but hopefully someone has run into this and has an easy fix solution. I have attached images for reference.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: c.era

You are referring to the lines highlighted in the image below, correct? You will not really be able to not show those lines without setting the View Range's Top and View Depth to below the top of the door frame or overhead soffit. Of course, doing this will prevent you from seeing the ceiling because your cutting off your view. Besides, you will see the boundary lines of the Ceiling, anyway.

ceiling plan.jpg

I would advise caution in using Plan Regions - they seem to be intended more for architecture and often have display issues with MEP elements.

Search this forum for "Plan Region" if you wish to get a better idea of what I mean. That topic was discussed multiple times.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
tim.winnington
in reply to: c.era

You can remove your view regions as Cadastrophe said they cause problems with MEP and create a single RCP view with only the ceiling and ceiling related items turned on.  Then copy your floor plan with the ceiling off and overlay the 2 views on your sheet.  It can be tedious but multiple views is one of the best ways to control visibiliy especially when you are dealing with multiple heights.

Another thing to use for this is scope boxes which you setup and apply to a view for consistent view extents between floors or for the same area between a RCP and floor plan.

Message 4 of 4
c.era
in reply to: tim.winnington

I do not have a problem overlaying two views on a sheet, I do not know if management would be as accepting. This would also be confusing to someone that is not as familiar with Revit if they were to work in a project. This also would likley make a large project more cumbersome by duplicating multiple views. Maybe Autodesk could come up with a plan view option that could go on multiple sheets that just controlled the VG of the linked file. I will probably play around with scope boxes, haven't dug deep into them just yet. I have been hearing this is a good way to control visibility, though. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report