Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the Complex (Text) Line Type with "Coarse"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RJK42
1038 Views, 1 Reply

How to implement the Complex (Text) Line Type with "Coarse"

I would like to be able to show my piping as a complex (text) line type --http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Examples/Complex_(Text)_Line_Type

so I can toggle it on and off as I toggle the detail level from fine to coarse..etc

I am currently on a project that uses refrigerant lines and would like the 3d representations as well as showing "---RL---" for my liquid, as an example.  Is there a way to do this??

I am currently using 2013 but I have 2014.  Not everyone has the 14 versions.

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lanl
in reply to: RJK42

Hi RJK42,

The family provided in the link you mentioned is a line based detail component family, you can load it into project and draw it, just like drawing a line, but actually, it is not a line, so it is not a line type used in Revit.

Currently, Revit doesn't support the complex Text line style, so the pipe line in coarse view wil not show as the complex Text line type.

For the family in the wiki link, you can open the family, in the family type dialog, there is a parameter "Symbol Tex", you can set it to RL, see "symbol text.JPG", then load this family to project, and draw it like drawing a line, it will show the result you need, but it is a detail component family, not a line. You can't use it as the display for other line styles.

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report