Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have different color to flex ducts?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Mehdi.Kardehi
1474 Views, 2 Replies

How to have different color to flex ducts?

I want my supply duct to be galvanized grey but my flex to be black...is there a way to do that? both are in supply air system

Cheers,

M

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ajax05k
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

You can achieve it by either of below
1. Create a new project parameter "XYZ" [type property] -> select flex ducts under category
Now create a new filter "ABC"->select flex ducts under category-> under filter rules select "XYZ". equals "123"-> now go to edit type of any flex duct write "123" in ABC row.

2. Create a filter-> select flex ducts under category-> use comments in the filter rules-> equal to "123" -> now go to instance prop of flex duct and enter 123 in comment filed.

Difference between the methods is that 1st method applies to all flex ducts in entire project and 2nd method is used for selected flex ducts
Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

I believe that your only option is to create a View Filter that applies to the Flex Ducts Category. If you wish, you can configure the Filter Rules to "System Classification" "contains" "supply" to specifically target the Flex Duct from that System, or you can leave the Filter Rules blank to target all Flex Duct. Once you had established this and added it to the appropriate View(s), set the Fill Pattern Overrides to "Black" and "Solid Fill". This Filter will have to be added to each View as need or included in your View Template(s).

Edit: Ajay beat me to the response...

Regarding his #1: This is a good way to affect only select Flex Duct Types, but if you wish to affect all Flex Duct period, then leave the Filter Rules blank.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report