Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to find revit file version

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3473 Views, 3 Replies

How to find revit file version

I am trying to find the revit file version on a .rvt file  I am not able to open I am using Revit MEP 2011 x64 already tried to audit, detaching and both at the same time with the message that says "the file is corrupted and needs manually be recovered" can someone give an advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are on Adesk subscription I would send them the file RevitSupport@Autodesk.com.

If not try:

• Importing the file into a new file and than binding.
  • Could be a corrupt CAD file in the Revit file. If the cad file is linked rename the cad file so it doesn't load. If the CAD file is imported your stuck.
  • Try loading a backup version. Sometimes 3D files become corrupt delete the 3D view.
  • Is this a central file or local you're trying to open?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrobker

Its is a Central file downloaded from a ftp site. the "detach from central" option is checked.

I believe if created in earlier Revit version it should open if the audit box is checked.

Message 4 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

The file version makes no difference if it's corrupt or not. If your trying to open a file in a later version of Revit it will just upgrade that file. It sounds like you need to have whoever put that file on the FTP site replace it with one that will complete it's upload. Sometimes uploading to an FTP site can do this, because the file never actually fully uploads..

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report