Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a leader without text

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
auto99
57503 Views, 23 Replies

How to create a leader without text

Is that possible?
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Jrobker
in reply to: auto99

An actual leader...no.
details lines.
We create a small text style. We type a . (period) and leader from that. You can move the period behind something or it is just so small that you can't see it on the print.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous

Most conventional way is to create a text style with minimum possible text height.
Secndly, You can create a symbol family using symbol template (If the length of the leader is fixed).Though you can also assign a parameter to it's length.
Third option is to create a line based family. Arrow Head (One node) will be fixed and you can drag the end point (second node) upto desired location.
Message 4 of 24
RAMasterson

See the following:

http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?action=viewthread&thread_id=13941
Message 5 of 24
TBOMS

Simply make an empty annotation family, label it "LEADER" and when you insert it, set "Number of Leaders" to 1, or howerver many you desire.

Regards

Message 6 of 24
asommer

The empty Annotation family works like a dream.  If only these leaders snapped to objects!

Message 7 of 24
Jrobker
in reply to: asommer

I think the solution to this is to submit a wish list item that allows MULTIPLE leaders from tags.

Why not?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrobker

A quick and dirty workaround, which seems to work just fine in practice for user Keynotes for example, is to Clipboard copy the tag/leader and then immediately paste back "Aligned to same place". Then reposition one leader.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous

Thanks aseidel, that worked perfectly, was exactly what I wanted.

Message 10 of 24
Base12
in reply to: Anonymous

Does anyone know how to create an airplane?

Yes, take all the wheels off your car and have 4 of your strongest friends carry each corner. They will get tired, so have a bus full of other friends follow along. Turn the bus upside down, and have monkeys row it with kayak paddles.

Call it Revit.

Autodesk... you are wearing clown shoes. You've had over a decade to make this thing work. Any of the previous upgrade price years would have been a good time.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous

just command LE for quickleader pick anywhere in the drawing then ESCAPE
Message 12 of 24
r.robinson
in reply to: Anonymous

Brilliant! been wrestling with this for a while - thanks!

Message 13 of 24
brett_73

I'm using Revit 2019 so i don't know if this works on previous versions.

Leader with no text

Create text with any letter In it

Add Leader line to the text

Delete the letter from inside the text box.

The leader stays with a blank box

Message 14 of 24
albert33L2M

I found a legit way to do it

-Go Click on the Revit 'R" Symbol,

-Go to New

-Click Annotation Symbol

-Create a circle or whatever shape that suites you (if you need the shape even better you can skip the next step

*-use viability parameter to hide the shape if required (this could be quite advanced for new users)

-Create->Family Category and parameters make sure Generic Annotation is selected

-load into project, when you click on the new symbol there will be an option to add a leader to it.

Message 15 of 24
ToanDN
in reply to: albert33L2M

Or, simply start a text with leader command and ESC instead of typing in text.

Message 16 of 24
albert33L2M
in reply to: ToanDN

But if you do it that way you don't get the note symbol.
You can create a viability parameter within the family to hide the circle if all you want is the arrowhead.

I tried the method you suggested, but once you "ESC" you do not have the option to create an arrowhead.
Message 17 of 24
ToanDN
in reply to: albert33L2M

Not sure what a note symbol is and why should I need it?
Using ESC in lieu of typing in text may not work for every version. I tested in 2019 and it works, but 2016 no.

Use whatever method you want if the end result is what you need.
Message 18 of 24
travispolletto
in reply to: brett_73

@brett_73 wrote:

I'm using Revit 2019 so i don't know if this works on previous versions.

Leader with no text

Create text with any letter In it

Add Leader line to the text

Delete the letter from inside the text box.

The leader stays with a blank box

This seems to only work in versions 2017 and later. Just tried it in 2016, the entire object is deleted once you exit the empty text box .

Message 19 of 24

Why not create a new family-generic annotation. delete the text and save as "leader without text" or something similar. works for me.

Message 20 of 24
bodangles2008

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report