Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I filter text to show on different floor plan views.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cesslinger
2161 Views, 5 Replies

How do I filter text to show on different floor plan views.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cesslinger

Text cannot be the subject of Visibility Filters. Text and most other annotations (i.e. Dimensions, Tags, Generic Annotations) exist only in the View in which they are created. They can be easily copied and pasted to other Views, though. The exception to this is if the View is a Dependent View, and such Views will share all annotation elements with all other associated Views, and the only way to hide Text on only one of those Views is to Hide by Element.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hello,

I have a project that has over 75 sheets. We are in the proccess of dividing this project into 12 different packages in order to get an over the counter permit for each packgae. certain sheets are common through the 12 packages. some information  on common sheets that are shared between packages will have to be crossed and labled as "not used" however those same info will be used on another package where I will have to remove the "not used" note from one drawing and add it to another drawins on the same sheet. Please see attached files

any suggestion on how to do that? if it was autocad I would use the layer manager to control my notes but I am not sure how to do it with Revit

Thank you

Wafaa

Message 4 of 6
mail
in reply to: cesslinger

I came across this 7 year old question during my own search. Maybe Revit has worked this out some other way by now? My work around is one of two ways:

1. Make 3D text. I have property and setback lines that need to show up on each plan. I create the 3D text at the scale appropriate size. Then just hide it on the site plan sheet as the only sheet at a different scale.

2. Make the text, then group them. Copy and place the same text on each sheet view. Sure, this isn't that much different than simply copying and pasting the text. But at least as a group, you can edit one and it updates them all.

That's all I got. Hopefully Revit has worked out a better way that this new response will trigger?

Message 5 of 6
wim48RVT
in reply to: mail

HAve you found another solution for this yet? We have the same challenge, but can't seem to find a simples wau to work around this issue.

Message 6 of 6
RobDraw
in reply to: wim48RVT

Text is view specific as already stated. It cannot be filtered.

What is your issue?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report