Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create intelligent lighting contactor schedules in Revit 2013?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeborowski
1072 Views, 2 Replies

How do I create intelligent lighting contactor schedules in Revit 2013?

I have Lighting Control Panels down but what if we are using contactors which would need to be scheduled?  I am thinking I will have to create a parameter within my branch lighting panel schedules which can indicate the use of contactor for control. I would then need to create a new schedule for each contactor which would look in the panels for applicable circuits. I am not sure how to achieve this.

Any suggestions or ways your firms are handling this?

Janet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jeborowski

Welcome to the Discussion Groups, Janet!

It's tough to accomplish the more complicated tasks such as this in Revit, and any such method would include a lot of improvising and manual work. Revit itself isn't terribly capable yet, as it's not even capable of creating a 3W light switch.

Aside from that, I did kinda rig together something similar in the past. I used Switch Systems to do it, since they can pull both Switch Leg and Circuit Information. I added a Project Parameter (Yes/No, Instance) to Switch Systems to act as a designation that it would be scheduled as a contactor/relay. I don't have too much useful info I can provide, unfortunately. It'll take some playing around to achieve exactly what you want.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
jeborowski
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey,

Thanks for the info.

I can always add a column to my branch panel schedule which indicates control type for each circuit as I have already done that in the past.

Maybe I can then do an equipment schedule for contactors which would contain voltage, coil voltage, poles, control means (photo, timeclock, etc..).  I should be able to pull all of that information from the contactor if I add family parameters.

How is everyone else doing this in Revit???

Janet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report