Revit MEP

Contributor
guillermo.barra
Message 1 of 17 (732 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I assign color to pipes as a material, not by filter?

732 Views, 16 Replies
12-26-2013 09:00 AM

I need assign color to diferent types of pipes and ducts, but as the color of material, not by filter. I need to see these colors in every view and not apply filter for it. Also I need this for exporting to navisworks as a model with colors and not exporting files by filters and then applying colors to them.

Can anyone help me?

Product Support
luna.ye
Message 2 of 17 (693 Views)

Re: How can I assign color to pipes as a material, not by filter?

12-26-2013 10:30 PM in reply to: guillermo.barra

Hello guillermo.barra,

In the “Mechanical Settings” dialog, please click “Pipe Settings”-“Segments and Sizes”. Click “Create New Pipe Segment” beside the segment list to open the “New Segment” dialog. Then you can set the material of pipes.

Click a duct system, and click “Type Properties”. In the “Type Properties” dialog, click “Edit Type”, choose the “material” in “Material and Finishes”. Click OK. Then you can set the material of duct system.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Contributor
guillermo.barra
Message 3 of 17 (680 Views)

12-27-2013 05:37 AM in reply to: luna.ye
Hi Luna ye

Your advice did work, thank you so much !!!, but now i need a solution for the pipe fittings, they don't adopt the color of the pipes. Do you know how can i fix this problem?

I hope you can help me
Thanks
Product Support
luna.ye
Message 4 of 17 (648 Views)

12-29-2013 06:59 PM in reply to: guillermo.barra

Hello Guillermo,

About the pipe fittings, please select the fitting and edit the family, select the Sweep, in the “Properties” dialog, click the small squares on the right side of “Material”, it will appear a dialog named “Associate Family Parameter ”.And please click the “Add parameter”, add a parameter named “material”. Click “Ok” and load into project. Then you will find there’s a choice about material in the “Type Properties” of pipe fittings.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Contributor
guillermo.barra
Message 5 of 17 (613 Views)

12-31-2013 05:13 AM in reply to: luna.ye
Thank you. I got pipes and pipes fittings with material assigned to them, but I can't assign material to the ducts yet, I clicked on a duct system and then i clicked " Edit Type" on properties, then in the " Type Properties", I got lost. Where do I have to assign the material? I hope your help.
Product Support
luna.ye
Message 6 of 17 (564 Views)

01-01-2014 05:46 PM in reply to: guillermo.barra

Hello Guillermo,

Please make sure you click a duct system and click “Type Properties” of the duct system, not a duct. Please check the setting in the attachment.

Luna Ye
Contributor
guillermo.barra
Message 7 of 17 (550 Views)

01-02-2014 05:34 AM in reply to: luna.ye
Thank you Luna ye, I finally applied material to ducts, thank you so much for your help. i really appreciate it.

Contributor
guillermo.barra
Message 8 of 17 (517 Views)

01-03-2014 10:43 AM in reply to: luna.ye

Luna ye

Do you know how to do the same with cable trays? , I tried to applied the same criteria to found a solution, but it didn't work for me, if you know how, I would be glad that you share it with me.

Product Support
luna.ye
Message 9 of 17 (490 Views)

01-05-2014 11:11 PM in reply to: guillermo.barra

Hello Guillermo,

I’m sorry that it couldn't add material to cable trays like pipes or ducts in Revit. So please try “Override Graphics in View” or paint or filter. There’s a discussion about it.

Thanks.

Luna Ye
Contributor
guillermo.barra
Message 10 of 17 (470 Views)

01-06-2014 01:06 PM in reply to: luna.ye

Luna ye

Your advices had been very usefull, I really appreciate it, but I have a last question.

I need this to see colors in Revit in every view , not applying filters for every section view that I create, for this needing the way you recommended me works perfectly for pipes and ducts, but also I want to see these materials in Navisworks.

It works for pipes when I export the file to Navisworks, but it didn't work for the ducts, they look with no color on them in Navisworks. If you or someone else know how can I see the material of ducts immediately when exporting to Navisworks I will be grateful. Thankyou

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube