Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Wall in cut plane

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bs-cbhf
703 Views, 4 Replies

Hiding Wall in cut plane

Looking for some help. I  have a model in which walls from the First Floor go all the way to the Second Floor deck. My cut-plane is approx. -3'-0" below the second floor so that the waste piping for the second floor plumbing fixtures can be seen on the second floor plan. This however, shows the walls that go up to the second floor deck.

Is there a way to hide these walls other than selecting each one individually and hiding in view? I have tried to create a filter, but have not had much luck.

Regards,

BS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bs-cbhf

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I think the only solution available here is to create two separate Floor Plan Views, one for the Architecture and one for the Piping, and then overlay the two Viewports on top of each other on the Sheet View. That may add a little extra work, but it's a lot easier than trying to weed out the unwanted architectural elements and hide them.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
bs-cbhf

Okay,

one of my co-workers found a pretty good youtube video on how to handle this. Basically, you set the bottom of the view range and the view depth to the same offset. Then, under visibilty graphics change the color of the walls to white under projection/surface (lines) and the walls below disappear. There are a few other good tips as well.

Link attached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-l5fYFSfSs

Hope it helps someone else as well.

BS

Message 4 of 5
ajax05k

OR u can set the view template to Plumbing, that way pipes get highlighted
OR u can create filter for pipes and give color to them and set the Detail level to wire-frame.
Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

Ha! I was experimenting with exactly that, too! My concern with that was there was the possibility of hiding elements that should be shown on the plan - for instance, sometimes partition Walls can be important and that would hide those, too. Also, in many "imperfect scenarios", perhaps other architectural elements can inadvertently be caught up in this too.

But, I'm not trying to discourage this method if ti works for you. Thank you for posting your findings here!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report