Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Lookup Table

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
norcaljess
3119 Views, 5 Replies

Help with Lookup Table

I'm trying to create a new parameter and add it to my Lookup Table.  Here is what I'm trying to do, every time I try this, it says "Invalid Input".  What am I missing?

(Adding a Thread Depth parameter to my Elbow - Threaded - MI - Class 150.rfa family.)

• Open Lookup Table, save as new name.
  • Revise the Lookup Table Name in my Family Types to match the new name.
  • Add new column to new lookup table.  New column header is "ThD##length##millimeters".  Filled in the thread depth for each size of pipe fitting, or in other words, for each nominal diameter size.
  •  Add new parameter to family
          New Family Parameter, named Thread Depth, Instance Parameter, Discipline is Piping, Type of Parameter is Pipe SIze.  Grouped under Dimensions.
  • Add Formula.  This is the part I am unsure of. 

text_file_lookup(Lookup Table Name, "ThD", 0.1 * Nominal Diameter + 1/64", Nominal Diameter)

I think this should work, but it's not.  What am I doing wrong with this formula?

Thanks,

Jess

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
norcaljess
in reply to: norcaljess

Never mind.  I got it. 

If anyone wants to know....

There was nothing wrong with my Formula.  It was directly tied to WHEN and HOW I saved the replacement lookup file.  Even if I thought I was saving over an existing file, for some reason, Revit wasn't seeing that.  So it wasn't updating.  Once I got all of the information that I needed into my lookup file, I saved it as a completely new name, then added the new Lookup File Name to my Family Types, and lastly, added the formula.  Then it worked!

Jess

Message 3 of 6
James.Klatt
in reply to: norcaljess

I am going crazy getting this to work.   I am trying lookup tables and I keep getting invalid input.  I have gone down to a simple test... 

The csv at the top "Motor.csv"    only has 2 columns... first column which is the driver and 2nd column to be filled in.  Attached is a screenshot of the family.  I just want this to be number values but that wasn't working so I tried changing it to lengths and still nothing. 

Tried doing a save as with a different name and still no go.  Tried closing and re-opening revit after changes and still no. 

Help anyone?

Message 4 of 6
lazar1978
in reply to: James.Klatt

Hi James!

I got almost the same problem. Try to use Notepad, not Excel...Probably helps?

Message 5 of 6
AL-ZAATRA
in reply to: lazar1978

HI EVERY ONE , CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH LOOKUP TABLE IN PANEL SCHEDUAL, I TRIED TO LEARN ABOUTLOOK UP TABLE AND USING IT IN MY PANEL SECHDUAL

Message 6 of 6
Secttor
in reply to: AL-ZAATRA

@AL-ZAATRA - describe your problem.

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report