Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
343 Views, 3 Replies

Help Please!

I have elbows that are locked at either 45 or 90.  I would like to be able to do a statement for automatic tagging.  Such has If angle equals 45 then "A" if Angle equals 90 then "B".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need a Shared Parameter (Text), and to add this Shared Parameter to your Pipe Fitting Family(ies) as an Instance Parameter and to your Pipe Tag Family(ies). Depending on the exact nature of your situation, you can apply one of the following formulas to this Shared Parameter within the Family:

If there is no possible way for the user to end up with any value besides 45° or 90°, then you can use:

= if(angle = 45°, "A", "B")

If the user could end up with a different angle, use the following where "X" is the text to return if it isn't 45° or 90°:

= if(angle = 45°, "A", if(angle = 90°, "B", "X"))

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I tried that solution.  I got an error stating invalad formula.  Truth it is driving me crazy.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun

See the attached sample Project File (Revit 2012). I have added a Shared Parameter "PipeAngleReport" (Text) to the OOTB Generic Elbow Family as an Instance Parameter with the formula from my first post. I've also added this Shared Parameter to the Pipe Fitting Tag. This Shared Parameter could also be included in a Schedule.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report